About

Rakish and Urbane is a forum for my thoughts on style and what inspires me: From the Harlem Renaissance to the streets of Brighton with everything else in between!

One Quote that Inspires Me Day in Day out

"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."

Martin Luther King


Sunday 15 August 2010

Roger Sterling

So the first of the Mad Men themed posts is here: Roger Stirling. I'll take a few pictures of the man himself and also post a few pictures of others who have a similar style/character in the real world.
Stirling favours three piece suits which makes him my favourite character (sartorially speaking) and doesn't wear many colours other than grey,black and light brown. As such, he cannot - in my humble opinion - go wrong with anything! In one episode in Series 2 he sports a grey double breasted jacket which looks really good on him. It doesn't make him look too stocky and he wears all of his clothes with such nonchalance that nothing looks stiff or overly formal. He is one of the few characters that does not wear the famous Mad Men Tie Clip (obviously it would look ridiculous with the waistcoats).Without further ado, I give you Mr Sterling.
And now a few well known faces wearing similar outfits


Now I know Beckham's three piece is quite different to Sterling's but Beckham wears the three piece suit in so many different ways that I felt we had to have him here anyway. Brad Pitt and Ethan Hawke are far more Sterling-esque in terms of style here.
That's all for today (I think) folks. Tomorrow we'll cover Pete Campbell.



No comments:

Post a Comment