About

Rakish and Urbane is a forum for my thoughts on style and what inspires me: From the Harlem Renaissance to the streets of Brighton with everything else in between!

One Quote that Inspires Me Day in Day out

"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."

Martin Luther King


Sunday 11 July 2010

The First Post: Inspirational Material

Here are a few pictures and quotations that have made me think or evoked something within me over the past couple of months.

This first picture comes from The Madbury Club, the most amazing innovation I've come across. It can't really be called a blog, nor can it be called an ezine. It's more of a treasury of sartorial wonders, amazing music and beautiful photography. The articles are always fascinating and their lookbooks have clothes to die for, worn in the most amazing ways and with such style. Bereolaesque is the only word I can think of that sums up the whole atmosphere the guys involved radiate. Featured in the picture is Joshua Kissi, one of my heroes. He and Travis Gumbs together, run Street Etiquette. SE is and has been my favourite blog for the past seven months or so. The looks they have on the site and the brilliant responses they give to questions and comments make it a standout from all the other mens style blogs. I just wish they would update more frequently, I await the next post with baited breath!



Next up is a picture from Ivy Style, a brilliant website with fascinating articles and brilliant features and pictures. The Madras clothing here though is my favourite look I've seen on the site. I don't actually have any madras clothing but am planning to purchase plenty to live out the summer in style. I believe it can be used for almost any piece of clothing so one can be really innovative with it.




Finally, a picture from Copenhagen Street Style. Copenhagen street style is a brilliant blog, reminiscent of the Sartorialist, that captures pictures of, obviously, Copenhagen street style. Having lived in Copenhagen for seven years in the past it brings back a nostalgia for the clean streets and brilliant outfits that can be seen all around. Here's my favourite look I've seen on the site, I love the way he matches the socks with the jumper and the gillet with the boat shoes (the latter isn't quite matching but it is similar). Very dapper!

No comments:

Post a Comment