About

Rakish and Urbane is a forum for my thoughts on style and what inspires me: From the Harlem Renaissance to the streets of Brighton with everything else in between!

One Quote that Inspires Me Day in Day out

"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."

Martin Luther King


Sunday 11 July 2010

Beginning

Firstly, I hope any readers who stumble across the blog while it is being fine tuned bear with me.

Secondly, what exactly is the blog about? Well anything that inspires me will get a feature, but also, my primary interests: Mens style and Music.

When I say men's style, I mean old Ivy League looks combined with more modern streetwise style. I value quality over price tag. I value long lasting appeal over fads. However, I won't take myself too seriously when posting, so don't expect rants!

My Musical tastes will get a look in as well. I like most genres of music, though Jazz and some hip-hop are my preferred types. However, I'll be exploring other types and new artists constantly and reviewing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment